NWAG Scholarships is an undergraduate scholarship for Nigerian female students to study any course in any Nigerian university.
The mission of NWAG is to serve her local community as well as Nigeria, through empowerment, cultural enrichment, and education of women, youth and children, thereby fostering togetherness and excellence in collective pursuits
Each year, NWAG awards 37 one-time scholarships, one per state of origin as well as one for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) plans to award 37 one-time scholarships, one per state of origin as well as one for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), in the amount of Three Hundred U.S. Dollars ($300) each, to a Nigerian undergraduate students in a Nigerian Universities.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The NWAG Scholarship is a one-time scholarship in the amount of Three Hundred U.S. Dollars ($300) or (124,500 Nigerian Naira).
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Proof of State of Origin- Letter of Origination from the university or a letter from your local government office.
- Two letters of recommendation from any two of the following: Church Pastor/Mosque Imam, Village Head, Local Government Chairperson or your Lecturers.
- 1 Letter of recommendation from either the Dean of your Faculty/School or
your Head of Department.
- Photocopy of your current university student identification card
- A current photograph of yourself.
- An explanation of why you need and should receive the scholarship- (not more than one-half typed page).
- A type-written, double-spaced, two-page essay on: “HOW CAN YOU CREATIVELY USE YOUR FUTURE DEGREE TO BECOME AN ENTREPRENEUR IN NIGERIA? “
Method of Application
Interested prospective applicants are advised to visit NWAG website to download an application form. Applicants are required to submit their completed application form on or before May 30, 2022.